Sunday, January 5, 2014

I found this recipe on Etchall.com

In loving memory of Lela. She was a wonderful artist who loved to design and create wonderful lace hats,baskets.

etchall dedicates the Designers Section to


“Lela Gunning”

Lela Gunning 1925-2013
Please see video dedication link below:

Please continue with this video to see the candle holder Lela decorated.

July 30, 2013
The below letter is one of Lela’s dearest friends that kept in touch with Lela over the years.  Always keeping her in touch with the Art and Craft Industry.
Barbara,
First of all, I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to send me your note.
Secondly, I want to thank you for being there with and for Lela!  I wish I had known, she was a ray of sunshine that never stopped shining with her smiling spirit and warm hugs.  Without her kindness and support I never would have had such a fulfilling career in the craft industry, nor would I have had such a path to follow.  I consider her a pioneer who paved the way for many of us.
I have two very special memories of Lela.  The first I think was the year I was in the running for Designer of the Year, Lela was introducing me to several of her friends that I was meeting for the first time and when she was done with the introductions she put her hand on my shoulder and she said, “I just hope I was a small part of Maria becoming such a good designer.”  It touched my heart, I was honored she thought so much of me.  The second was also at a trade show.  She came up to the Craftrends booth I was working at and with all the glee in her heart said, “You know Maria, I think you are fabulous despite what all those other people are saying.”  Again, I was touched and laughed.  Nothing keeps you more humble than friends who become family!
And finally, send me the scrapbooks you have.  I’m not sure what I can do, but there should be something special that can happen.  It might not be overnight, but I can get it done.
Again, in closing, thank you so much for letting me know.  And please let me know if there is anything I can do to help in any way! I adored Lela.  I feel very blessed I entered the industry when I did, I got to know and be guided by the best of the best.
Maria

Celebrating Lela’s Birthday!!

“Lela’s Vegetable Soup” Receipe

3 lbs Top Round Beef Roast
2 White Onions, 2 Carrots, 2 Celery Stalks
Cabbage
4 Potatoes
1 16oz can Stewed Tomatoes
1 small can Tomato Paste
2 cans Cut Green Beans
1 can Niblet Corn
1 box Frozen Baby Peas
1 box Barley
Onion Salt, Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper
DAY 1:
Put 3 lbs roast in pan, season with garlic powder and onion salt.  Add 1 onion, carrot and celery.  Roast in large pan, covered with water.  Bring to a boil and let simmer 2-3 hours until the meat breaks apart with a fork.  Strain and KEEP THE LIQUID, this will be your broth.  Throw out the vegetables or eat.  Freeze half of the liquid and put the other half away for next day.
Day 2:
Start with clean pot and add 1/2 of the liquid from previous day.  Simmer 4 sliced and peeled potatoes, 2 carrots and 2 celery stalks.  Add green beans and corn WITH their liquid from the can.  When water comes to a boil, add 3/4 can tomato paste, 1 can tomato sauce and 1 can stewed tomatoes.  Slice the cabbage thin and place around the sides of the pot.  Bring to a full boil.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Add barley and frozen peas.  When potatoes are done, add meat, cover and site 5 minutes…Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment